Installing ArcGIS Pro
ArcGIS Pro is the next generation GIS software product coming out of Esri. It has been completely redesigned to be more intuitive with a new ribbon-based user interface (like MS Office), more powerful as a 64-bit application, and opportunities to solve problems in innovative new ways through features such as simultaneous side-by-side 2D & 3D views.
Due to the graphics and processing-intensive nature of the application, ArcGIS Pro will not be installed across all computer labs on campus but is installed in Lewis Hall room 102 for classroom, lab, and general student use. All university students and staff are free to download and use the application for educational purposes. This guide will step you through the process of installing ArcGIS Pro.
ArcGIS Pro Installation Steps
Before installing, please review the system requirements and run Esri’s Can You Run It? tool to verify that computer you are installing it meets the minimum requirements. While ArcGIS Pro requires a Windows operating system, it can be installed on a Mac in a virtual machine environment by using software such as Boot Camp or Parallels.
1) Download and run the installer from ftp://css-web.redlands.edu/software/ArcGISPro/ArcGISPro.exe. You may be prompted to login – use your University of Redlands email and password.
2) Click next, keeping the defaults. This is simply extracting the installer, not installing ArcGIS Pro.
3) Confirm that the box is checked next to Launch the setup program and click Close. This will start the ArcGIS Pro installer.
4) Follow the steps in the setup program to install ArcGIS Pro. We highly recommend that you accept all of the default settings. Please note that the install process may take some time!
5) To start using ArcGIS Pro, you will need to provide your ArcGIS Online login information. Please click here more information on how to do log in to ArcGIS Pro.
That’s it! Now go map like a Pro!
If you have any problems or questions about this, please feel free to contact us!